From: "Steve Folly" <steve@follysplace.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: help on task types
Date: 1999/03/03
Date: 1999-03-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

coxaw wrote in message <36DD8EBF.EAA@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>...
>If I declare a task type that reads input from a file and prints to
>screen
>
>Then instantiate 3 copies of this type
>can i tell each one to read from a different file ?
>and how is it done ?

1. Why not create an entry point with a parameter specifying the file?

2. Or make it a discriminated task type, where the discriminant is an access
string type which identifies the file - that way you don't need to
explicitly call an entry point; just declaring it would start the task and
it could read the discriminant.

Steve Folly
mailto:steve@follysplace.demon.co.uk