From: jws@hpcljws.HP.COM (John Stafford)
Subject: Re: Ada, not ADA
Date: 10 Apr 89 16:48:56 GMT	[thread overview]

I once complained to Time Magazine about their use of PASCAL and got a
nice letter back saying that they were just doing what "Charles Sippl's
Computer Dictionary" (or something like that) said.  I had seen that
dictionary and had noted numerous errors in it myself, but it didn't
seem worth the effort to point that out.  After all they were Time
magazine and what a (dubious) computer dictionary said was more
important than standard English usage (and it no doubt made them feel
"with it" in a high-tech sense to have such a authority).

Oh yes, ADA is also the American Diabetes Association (and no doubt
other organizations as well).