From: ahlan@marriott.org
Subject: Re: Trying to install the latest GtkAda for Mac on Mojave using Community 2018
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 03:16:33 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-02-04T03:16:33-08:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 7:10:20 PM UTC+1, Simon Wright wrote:
> ahlan@marriott.org writes:
>
> > However the make now fails when trying to compile misc.c on line 32
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > fatal error: stdio.h: No such file
> >
> > and misc_generated.c fails to find limits.h
>
> I think you may have fallen foul of Apple's latest (not installing the
> header files where they ought to be): see
> https://forward-in-code.blogspot.com/2018/11/mojave-vs-gcc.html

Dear Simon,
How right you are :-)
Typing your line of magic solves the problem.
Or at least takes me to the next.
As I wrote, I have a solution, in as much as I can simply copy the complete works as built by somebody else.
But just out of interest, and because I think I am tantalisingly close to successfully building GtkAda myself I wonder if you or anyone else can help me past the next hurdle.
When I type Make I now get

ld: unknown option: -Wl
garlic: /users/ahlan/opt/gnat/2018/bin/gcc execution error
gprbuild: could not build library for project gtkada
make: *** [build_library_type/relocatable] Error 4

Any ideas what I should do?
Best wishes,
Ahlan