* ANN: GNAT for FreeBSD/64 available (two options)
@ 2017-02-08 15:30 jrmarino
From: jrmarino @ 2017-02-08 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anybody is interested in Ada on the 64-bit ARMv8 architecture, there are a couple more options available to you today.

Last week I created a FreeBSD/DragonFly to FreeBSD64/ARM cross-compiler and placed it in ports: http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatcross-aarch64/
That compiler was based on previous GnatDroid work.

Over the weekend, I used that cross-compiler to fully bootstrap FSF GCC 6.3.1 to FreeBSD/ARM64.  Now the entire FreeBSD Ports Ada framework is available on this soon-to-be-tier-1 platform.  The existing gcc6-aux port (http://www.freshports.org/lang/gcc6-aux) was expanded to support aarch64.

It passes the complete testsuite.  That required providing a freebsd-specific signal frame unwinder which I'm passing back to GCC.
results: http://www.dragonlace.net/gnataux/freebsd_arm64/

I also mentioned this news on my mostly neglected website: http://www.dragonlace.net/

Hopefully somebody finds this work useful!
John

* Re: ANN: GNAT for FreeBSD/64 available (two options)
@ 2017-09-05 17:58 ` tarjei99
From: tarjei99 @ 2017-09-05 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've tried to get gcc6-aux to compile itself in various ways on a Raspbetrry PI 3 using aarch64 FreeBSD v12. And it all fails, but at different points depending on what I do.

With the binary version and a fixed mkinclude.sh, it cannot compile and generate a working version of xtreeprs in the treeprs directory. It fails with a segment violation regardless of how I start the program and I don't know enough about gdb to find out where it goes wrong. gdb suspects stack frame corruption.

Without the binary version, with just the ports stuff, it fails compiling various files in libiberty regardless of what I do. This happens with or without include fixing.

I had great hopes since I wanted the gps-ide, but so far no good.