From: jrmarino <dragonlace.cla@marino.st>
Subject: ANN: GNAT for FreeBSD/64 available (two options)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 07:30:35 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-02-08T07:30:35-08:00	[thread overview]

If anybody is interested in Ada on the 64-bit ARMv8 architecture, there are a couple more options available to you today.

Last week I created a FreeBSD/DragonFly to FreeBSD64/ARM cross-compiler and placed it in ports: http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatcross-aarch64/
That compiler was based on previous GnatDroid work.

Over the weekend, I used that cross-compiler to fully bootstrap FSF GCC 6.3.1 to FreeBSD/ARM64.  Now the entire FreeBSD Ports Ada framework is available on this soon-to-be-tier-1 platform.  The existing gcc6-aux port (http://www.freshports.org/lang/gcc6-aux) was expanded to support aarch64.

It passes the complete testsuite.  That required providing a freebsd-specific signal frame unwinder which I'm passing back to GCC.
results: http://www.dragonlace.net/gnataux/freebsd_arm64/

I also mentioned this news on my mostly neglected website: http://www.dragonlace.net/

Hopefully somebody finds this work useful!
John