From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Calling C's fopen from Ada (Aonix compiler)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:06:31 GMT
Date: 2000-12-12T03:06:31+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3A357C48.D4CAC970@nowhere.com>,
  Wayne Magor <none@nowhere.com> wrote:
>   F := my_fopen("my_file.txt" & C.nul, "r" & C.nul);
>   F := fopen("my_file.txt" & C.nul, "r" & C.nul);

This should work with any compiler that follows the
implementation advice on how arrays should be passed
to C. This is however only IA, so your compiler might
ignore it. The best advice with a problem like this is
to ask your vendor for help and support, it is exactly
the sort of potentially implementation dependent
question they should be able to answer for you.

Failing that, perhaps someone on the list has used the
particular compiler in question and can answer why it does
not work. Certainly I see nothing wrong with your code
(of course I may be missing something obvious -- it's
always possible :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.