* adminstrivia: traffic statistics
@ 1991-07-29 14:35 EDWARD CRAGG
From: EDWARD CRAGG @ 1991-07-29 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Interesting statistic about info-ada/comp.lang.ada traffic:

   For all of 1990 -  230 digests, 5498 blocks (VMS) of storage
as of 27 July 1991 -  231 digests, 5684 blocks (VMS) of storage

And I wondered why I was having trouble keeping up with the traffic
(I am running ~100 maintenance messages per week to info-ada-request)

ed

* Re: adminstrivia: traffic statistics
@ 1991-07-31 10:22 George C. Harr ison, Norfolk State University
From: George C. Harr ison, Norfolk State University @ 1991-07-31 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9107291341.AA15230@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu>, ecragg@GMUVAX.GMU.EDU ("EDWAR
D CRAGG") writes:
> Interesting statistic about info-ada/comp.lang.ada traffic:
>
>    For all of 1990 -  230 digests, 5498 blocks (VMS) of storage
> as of 27 July 1991 -  231 digests, 5684 blocks (VMS) of storage
>
> And I wondered why I was having trouble keeping up with the traffic
> (I am running ~100 maintenance messages per week to info-ada-request)
>
> ed

It might be that there frankly are many interesting topics on this newsgroup -
some of which have little to do with Ada, but can't seem to find a home
elsewhere:  Software Engineering education, etc.  I think that this is
appropriate because of the traditional mix in the Ada community of academics,
industrial types, and governmental types.  This is caused primarily by what's
happened at SEI, AJPO, Ada Technology and Tri-Ada conferences, etc.

George C. Harrison, Professor of Computer Science
Norfolk State University, 2401 Corprew Avenue, Norfolk VA 23504
Internet:  g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu    Phone:  804-683-8654