From: karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg)
Subject: Re: Artificially intelligent Ada Answer-Person
Date: Wed, 29 May 91 07:49:39 -0400	[thread overview]

In article <1991May28.214107.1@east.pima.edu> you write:
>Several recent & frequently asked questions have ready answers available in the
>various free Ada information sources, questions such as (but not limited to):

>Knowing, as many of us "old-timer" and frequent readerss do, that most of these
>questions could be answered with some guided research, I have to ask the
>following question:
>
>     What can the Ada community do to make Ada information more READILY
>     and EASILY available to the general computing public?
>
>AdaIC, AdaNET, INFO-ADA and comp.lang.ada, the ASR, and other sources are
>readily available, but it seems there is no "artificially intelligent"
>answer-person service available.  I should to be able to log into a free/cheap
>service and type in any variant of the three questions above and get an
>IMMEDIATE answer.  Does such a beast exist?
>
>I have two motives for asking. (1) I'm an information-hog and there are tons of
>simple questions like the above I'd like to ask, and am looking for the best
>source of such information without absolutely REQUIRING human intevention, and
>(2) If such a service is NOT available, I'd like to consider building one.

I would be glad to work on a regularly distributed Frequently Asked
Questions posting for comp.lang.ada if you/anybody else would like to join.
Of course, I am not about to put everything that I have in the Ada : Sources
& Resources publication into the FAQ.

-- Karl --
--
Karl A. Nyberg				karl@grebyn.com
Post Office Box 497			Grebyn Corporation