From: kjell.mesch@linREMOVEux.nu (Kjell Mesch)
Subject: Re: Performance on compilers
Date: 7 Jun 2001 14:03:47 GMT
Date: 2001-06-07T14:03:47+00:00	[thread overview]

dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison) wrote in
<xoLT6.2238$bA3.108925@www.newsranger.com>:

>In article <90B987268kjellmeschlinuxnu@130.100.128.24>, Kjell Mesch
>says...
>>Anyone out that like/dislike GHS enviroment?
>>(sun/ppc_vxworks configuration of AdaMulti2000)
>
>We are running a Windoze/pentium-vxworks setup. Its pretty nice. We use
>emacs instead of their editor though, and we generally call their
>builder from the command line inside of a greater makefile. The only
>tool in AdaMulti that gets direct use here is the debugger. I can say
>that it doesn't give us near as much trouble as any of our other tools
>(Tornado, Stethescope, ClearCase, Windoze).
>
>The GreenHills compiler comes with an impressive array of optimization
>options as well. However, I've never seen the Gnat vxWorks product. If
>you want benchmarks, I'd suggest you get evaluation versions of both
>systems and do them yourself.

Well we have a evaluation copy of GHS, but the time to do more than what we
have done is not there so..

gnat sux, well at least the debugger on vxworks target and the ghs debugger
seems to be a gift from a higher force ;-)

btw Do you use clearmake and what is your feelings about it?

Thanks for the input.

/regards Kjell