From: sdalemorrey@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Ada and PL/pgSQL ?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 12:59:30 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-05-09T12:59:30-07:00	[thread overview]

> Unless you are sending a massive amount of data to ther server,
>
> I think you are bitten by mysql performance.
>
> /Björn

No there are similar results when exporting the schema from MySQL to Postgres.  The fact is there is only so much you can logically do in a single query.  You  can index and join and filter and sort etc.  But when push comes to shove you need to implement business logic somewhere.

The tables are simple and not at all complex.  There are two tables involved a transactions table and an order table.

The transactions table reflect credits/debits against accounts, whereas the orders table represents a literal "filled out order form".

It can't really be simplified much more than that.