From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: How to compile with GNAT?
Date: 2000/11/22
Date: 2000-11-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3a1bb508$1@news.vogel.pl>,
  =?iso-8859-2?Q?Tomis=B3aw_Kity=F1ski?= <cromax@amiga.pl> wrote:
> In article <news:8veve4$d4r$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> I tought it generates executable to stdio, but >hello didn't help
> (it goes very probably to stderr) and using -q caused no garbage =

Well, I haven't ever used the Amiga port. But on every other port I know
of it does *not* send the executable to stdio. "gnatmake hello.adb"
should create your executable in a file named "hello.exe" (assuming
executables require a ".exe" extension. I've forgotten how the Amiga
handled that.)

If you are getting garbage to stdout, something is horribly wrong.
Perhaps it would be worth trying to download it again.

Of the other ports you mentioned, I'd go for the Linux/PC port. Linux is
a lot more friendly for software development than Windows9x. Plus, Linux
has proper processes, so a flaky compiler won't bring down your whole
system. :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/