From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Where is the Ada for LINUX Team site?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 05:27:31 GMT
Date: 2000-11-22T05:27:31+00:00	[thread overview]

Just to further clarify, the fact that the ALT team did
not achieve everything we hoped they might from our Paris
meeting was neither a surprise or a disappointment. We
were operating in maximal optimistic mode in Paris, and
part of the important dynamic here was that we were not
somehow depending on volunteer work, so that we were
disappointed when it did not all get done.

In particular, setting up and maintaining a public tree
is a huge effort, not one easily done with just volunteer
effort (after all no one has done it for GNAT yet ...
and we certainly know how much work is involved).

On the contrary, we sketched out a plan of action that
would benefit the GNU/Linux community, and as you know
a lot was achieved. As I have mentioned in the past, I
consider the RPM's very useful to a lot of people, and
indeed the technology developed there will be very useful
to us in distributing RPM's in future (as some of you may
or may not know, the RPM technology for these GNAT RPM's
is particularly sophisticated and effective.

Robert Dewar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.