* Offline LRM tool?
@ 2000-11-21  0:00 Frode Tenneboe
From: Frode Tenneboe @ 2000-11-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an offline Ada 95 Language Reference Manual tool - something
like SUNs lrmtool?

Regards,
 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb�                    | email: ft@edh.ericsson.se      ^
| Ericsson Radar AS. N-1788 Halden |                                |

* Re: Offline LRM tool?
@ 2000-11-21  0:00 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2000-11-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frode Tenneboe (ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se) wrote:
: Is there an offline Ada 95 Language Reference Manual tool - something
: like SUNs lrmtool?

Don't know if this fits the category of lrmtool, but i find the
GNU info version helpful. browse, search or naviagate
in Emacs or info (the program).

* Re: Offline LRM tool?
@ 2000-11-21  0:00 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2000-11-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frode Tenneboe wrote in message <974820304.985318@edh3>...
>Is there an offline Ada 95 Language Reference Manual tool - something
>like SUNs lrmtool?

Not knowing what lrmtool does (or why you would want a program to do
anything in this case), I'd suggest downloading one of the versions of
the ARM from www.ada-auth.prg/~acats/arm.html and using that offline.
Either the HTML version or the PDF version can be loaded on your machine
and used offline. (The PDF version has searching and prints better,
while the HTML version has links, so it makes navigation easier --
choose whichever makes more sense to you.) Note that the links in the
HTML version are all relative; just put all of the files into a
directory and you're set.

Personally, I think on-line documentation is useless for critical
applications (speaking as someone who always has used a modem internet
connection...) There always should be an offline option.

        Randy Brukardt.

* Re: Offline LRM tool?
@ 2000-11-22  0:00   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2000-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt (randy@rrsoftware.com) wrote:
: Frode Tenneboe wrote in message <974820304.985318@edh3>...
: >Is there an offline Ada 95 Language Reference Manual tool - something
: >like SUNs lrmtool?

:  There always should be an offline option.

To add one, if you use the operating system Surprises
through Holes in Walls, there is a Windows help file.