* Re: Ada binding for curses
@ 2000-11-20  0:00 ` Juergen Pfeifer
From: Juergen Pfeifer @ 2000-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there somewhere an Ada binding to curses or ncurses? I have looked at
> AdaPower, PAL and AdaHome but found nothing.
>
> I'm using GNAT 3.12p on a Sun with Solaris 7.

Yes. You can get the ncurses sources from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ncurses

If you install the archive you'll find a directory Ada95 which contains a

binding. This binding also covers the curses extended libraries libpanel,

libmenu and libform. You don't have to build ncurses from these sources to

use the binding, but a few steps are required to get things right so that

the binding can be used. Just do this:

 1. cd into the directory where you have installed ncurses sources

 2. type ./configure (maybe you should first try ./configure --help

to figure out whether or not you want to use additional config

options.

3. cd to the Ada95 directory and type "make". This will generate

some of the Ada95 packages wrt. to your hardware and will compile

the binding as well as two sample programs. You may copy the

subdirectory ./Ada95/src to a separate location. It contains the

generated binding and can be used with the proper gnatmake flags

or environment variable settings as your ncurses Ada library:-)

Please note that the ncurses build process assumes that you are using

GNAT. The binding is for ncurses, I never tried it for Solaris curses

although it shouldn't be difficult to adapt it. It shouldn't also be

difficult to use another Ada95 compiler.

If you adapt the binding to Solaris curses or to another Ada95 compiler

it would be nice to get the changes back so that I can integrate them

into the ncurses sources.

Cheers

J�rgen Pfeifer

* Re: Ada binding for curses
@ 2000-11-20  0:00 ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 2000-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vincent Smeets wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there somewhere an Ada binding to curses or ncurses? I have looked at
> AdaPower, PAL and AdaHome but found nothing.
>
> I'm using GNAT 3.12p on a Sun with Solaris 7.

I've got a partial one for curses, with a reasonable layer on top
of it which defines fields (allowing for specification of field
orders, field editing etc).

You can find it at

   http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~dale/software/index.html

Dale

* Ada binding for curses
@ 2000-11-20  0:00 Vincent Smeets
From: Vincent Smeets @ 2000-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is there somewhere an Ada binding to curses or ncurses? I have looked at
AdaPower, PAL and AdaHome but found nothing.

I'm using GNAT 3.12p on a Sun with Solaris 7.

Thanks,

-- Vincent Smeets                 Competence Center Informatik GmbH
-- Tel. : +49-5931-805461         Postfach 1225
-- Fax  : +49-5931-805175         49702 Meppen, Germany
-- EMail: Vincent.Smeets@CCI.de   http://www.CCI.de/
-- PGP fingerprint: 53 1C 3B 6F B6 9A EB 83  B4 7E 25 08 78 BD 5C 2C