From: "Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Why no new posts ? Float accuracy
Date: 2000/11/15
Date: 2000-11-15T22:00:10+00:00	[thread overview]

"Nicolas Brunot" <n.brunot@cadwin.com> a �crit dans le message news: 3A125C2A.2E3BD2F@cadwin.com...
> About 10 years ago, I had to rewrote an existing Ada implemention of a method
> called CESTAC method, which gave amazing results in giving the number of correct
> digits in the result of a floating point operation.
> (With surprising results for those who are too much confident in the accuracy
> they can expect, and rely only on
> type my_float is digits N, with N 'large enough')
>
> I remember this method was originally developped in a French university in Paris
> for Ada implementation.
> I don't know if this method is still used today.

It is. The tool is called CADNA, it was developped and is still maintained by University Paris VI (Jussieu), and marketed by a
company called Numeral Advance. See http://www-anp.lip6.fr/english/cadna/ for details.
It is available for Ada, Fortran, C, C++.

           J-P. Rosen (Rosen.Adalog@wanadoo.fr)
Visit Adalog's web site at http://pro.wanadoo.fr/adalog