From: Sandro Binetti <sandrobinetti@my-deja.com>
Subject: Exception scope and handling
Date: 2000/11/13
Date: 2000-11-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

 There's something that's not clear, or, better, I can't understand
about exception scope and handling.

Suppose to declarate an exception inside the declarative region of a
procedure, and handle it at the end of the body of the procedure.
What's the meaning of re-raising this exception outside this body?

Take a simple example:

procedure PROC1 is

  procedure PROC2 is
    FOO:EXCEPTION;
  EXCEPTION
    when FOO => handle_it;
                raise; -- ???? what's the meaning of this
  end proc2;

  -- what kind of object is FOO here?
EXCEPTION
  when others => -- ???? why coul'd I handle FOO here, even if I don't
                 -- know anything about it?
end proc1;

--
Ciao, Sandro