From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT on Tru64 5.1
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 05:28:02 GMT
Date: 2000-11-09T05:28:02+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8ubp79$kie$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Dominik Madon <dominikmadon@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'd like to but I don't think you can help me because it is a
BIG
> problem. Even when I try to compile C code using gcc I get
compiler's
> internal errors. It appears that Tru64 is not upward
compatible from
> 5.0 to 5.1...

Indeed that is very true, it is a minor version number change,
but a pretty big functional change.

> I will probably wait for ACT's Tru64-5.1 compatible release of
> GNAT. I called Rational and they told me their engineers have
> just received their copy of Tru64 5.1. It looks like there is
> no Ada compiler available today for Tru64 5.1.

We are making good progress, and now have a compiler that
works OK, but we need more work on tools (for example the
traceback seems to have mysteriously changed). You should
contact ACT with your customer number (or sales@gnat.com)
to get the latest update on the status of Tru64 5.1 support.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.