* output fixed point types
@ 2000-10-30 11:56 michas_dj
From: michas_dj @ 2000-10-30 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

can someone tell me how to output fixed point
types, and the way to find the answer by myself.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: output fixed point types
@ 2000-10-30 12:25 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2000-10-30 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the Ada Reference Manual (ARM) at:

A.10.1: The Package Text_IO
A.10.9: Input-Output for Real Types

You will find a package defined in Text_IO that looks like:

68.   generic
           type Num is delta <>;
        package Fixed_IO is .........

Section A.10.9 of the ARM describes the behavior of all the subprograms
in Fixed_IO.

The way to finding out the answers yourself is to get familiar with the
ARM. It is very formal and not the best "teaching aid" for learning Ada,
but it does provide a full specification of everything that is available
to you. (Especially the apendices!) You can get a hypertext version
on-line at: http://www.Adapower.com/ (see "Reference") along with lots
of other resources.

MDC

michas_dj@my-deja.com wrote:

> can someone tell me how to output fixed point
> types, and the way to find the answer by myself.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey
    and car keys to teenage boys."

        --   P. J. O'Rourke

* Re: output fixed point types
@ 2000-10-30 12:51   ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2000-10-30 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marin David Condic <mcondic.nospam@acm.org> writes:

> Section A.10.9 of the ARM describes the behavior of all the subprograms
> in Fixed_IO.

You should also look up the Image attribute.

- Bob