* Rockwell Collins - ACT contract
@ 2000-10-24  0:00 gdemont
From: gdemont @ 2000-10-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you read that ?

--> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001011/ny_ada_cor.html

Rockwell Collins Awards Ada Core Technologies $1.4M Contract;
Ada 95 to Play Critical Role in Next-Generation Advanced Avionics.
[...]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Rockwell Collins - ACT contract
@ 2000-10-24  0:00 ` David W. Glessner
From: David W. Glessner @ 2000-10-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8t43rb$2r2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  gdemont@my-deja.com wrote:
> Did you read that ?
>
> --> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001011/ny_ada_cor.html
>
> Rockwell Collins Awards Ada Core Technologies $1.4M Contract;
> Ada 95 to Play Critical Role in Next-Generation Advanced Avionics.
> [...]

Yeah, I read that :-)  I can't wait!  Ada (83) is nice, but some
missing features (e.g., unsigned types, pointers to subprograms)
and long compile times make Ada development for the AAMP annoying
at times.

FYI, the AAMP is a 16-bit microcoded stack machine with built-in
floating-point support.  For more information, see the August, 1982,
issue of IEEE Micro.  The talks and publications section of
http://pobox.com/~hokie/ has some more recent information on the AAMP
and AAMP-based chips.

--
David