From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Al Gore and the Internet
Date: 2000/10/16
Date: 2000-10-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <39EAF9D3.F4FDE799@telepath.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:

> This newsgroup is a particularly bad choice

This qualifies as the thread LEAST related to Ada that has
been posted and followed up in some time. What is even more
amazing is that the instigator and followerupper are both
Ada folks who usually are highly relevant.

Please, let's all make an effort to keep CLA highly focussed.
I can't tell you how many people I meet in the Ada world who
say "Oh I don't follow CLA any more, too much junk" or words
to that effect (nearly everyone at ACT other than me and one
or two others feels that way for example, as do many of our
users).

Sure, you can kill junk threads like this just from the title,
but finding the need to do such killing discourages people.

It is fine to discuss Al Gore and the Internet, but do it
on a relevant newsgroup (there are MANY that would actually
welcome such a discussion :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.