From: Steven Deller <deller46@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Task stack overflow problem with GNAT
Date: 2000/10/09
Date: 2000-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <UZkE5.1266$m75.233863@nnrp1.sbc.net>,
  "Pat Rogers" <progers@NOclasswideSPAM.com> wrote:
> "Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
> > fabien_bousquet@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > > My code is supposed to be embedded and I do not use dynamic
> allocation.

Fabien,
You say the overflow occurs when using a redefined "-" operator.  This
problem smells suspiciously like an unintended recursion.  I have seen
this before, where the definition of an operator either directly or
indirectly ends up calling itself, with the result that no matter how
long the stack is, you are going to run out of stack at that point.

I'd suggest using a post-failure debugger to see what calls are on the
stack (I know how to do that with Rational Apex -- not sure with GNAT).
That should quickly tell you if there are lots of stacked calls to the
"-" operator.  If so, then you have your culprit.

Regards,
Steve Deller
deller@rational.com (recently retired :-) :-) )

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/