From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Memory leakage
Date: 2000/10/02
Date: 2000-10-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <39D8CD62.7B6EB2D4@boeing.com>,
  James Squire <james.a.squire@boeing.com> wrote:
> My impression is that in Ada 95 it should not be possible to have
> memory leaks, but I'm not so sure.  I suspect it is a lot more
> difficult, but is it indeed impossible?

You suspect correctly. It is quite easy to produce memory leaks in Ada,
if you really want to. All you have to do is use "new", and not ever
use Unchecked_Deallocation. But the language does try to make it harder
to do on accident.

The main issue is you just don't need to use "new" all that much.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.