* User defined Functions
@ 2000-10-01  1:14 terminalxv
From: terminalxv @ 2000-10-01  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had a couple of questions about creating
functions in Ada:

1) Can you define new functions in Ada that
are prefix? Infix? If you can please provide and
explanation as to yes or no.

2) Can you create user defined short circuit
functions in Ada? Also wold like and
explanation if possible.

thank you,
-V

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* user defined Functions
@ 2000-10-01  1:17 terminalxv
From: terminalxv @ 2000-10-01  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had a couple of questions about creating user defined functions
in Ada:

1) Can you define new functions in Ada that are prefix? Infix?
Please explain whether its yes or no.

2) Can you create a user defined short circuit functions in Ada?
Also
provide explanation please.

thank you,
-V

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: user defined Functions
@ 2000-10-01  5:45 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-10-01  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

terminalxv@my-deja.com wrote:

> I had a couple of questions about creating user defined functions
> in Ada:
>
> 1) Can you define new functions in Ada that are prefix? Infix?
> Please explain whether its yes or no.

This is phrased a lot like a homework question. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
But this sounds suspiciously like an college assignement.

I'm sorry to insinuate such a thing, but you'd be suprised how many
losers come here looking for quick answers to homework problems (worse
yet, programming assignments). One certainly does oneself no favors by
failing to learn the material. If a "student" isn't interested in
actually learning, they might as well just buy a diploma from one of
those "prestigous non-accredited universities" on the internet, and save
a lot of time and money.

--
T.E.D.

Home - mailto:dennison@telepath.com  Work - mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com
WWW  - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html  ICQ  - 10545591

* Re: user defined Functions
@ 2000-10-01  5:51   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-10-01  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison wrote:

> terminalxv@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I had a couple of questions about creating user defined functions
> > in Ada:
> >
> > 1) Can you define new functions in Ada that are prefix? Infix?
> > Please explain whether its yes or no.
>
> This is phrased a lot like a homework question. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
> But this sounds suspiciously like an college assignement.

...blah blah blah.

Arg. A typical late night post; I blather off on a tangent, and don't even
mention the main point.

What I meant to say here is that it would be a good idea to tell us *why*
you want to know this. There are a lot of college professors here who would
not feel comfortable answering a question that looks like it could be a
student with a verbatim assignment. If you put their minds at ease, you are
more likely to get good responses. Also, someone may just have insight into
your particular problem outside of your original questions.