* Re: Ada 95 and C++(again)
       [not found]     ` <wi7r96cxnnl.fsf@sleigh.irisa.fr>
@ 2000-09-26  0:00       ` Christophe Gouiran
From: Christophe Gouiran @ 2000-09-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <wi7r96cxnnl.fsf@sleigh.irisa.fr>,
  Alain Le Guennec <Alain.Le_Guennec@irisa.fr> wrote:
> Christophe Gouiran <christophe@e-motive.com> writes:
>
> > Thank you but it doesn't help me much, I already read this.
> > In fact I'd like to know how to add C++ compilation and linking
support
> > for Gnat, not how to play with severals interfacing pragmas.
> > I bet this support is already there on Unixes where gcc is a part of
> > the system and it might be very easy to achieve the C++ compilation
and
> > linking.
> > But on Windows it's another story.
> > I think that Gnat community lacks a good howto for this topic.
>
> Have you taken a look at the file i-cpp.ad[bs] provided with GNAT?
> The package Interfaces.CPP provides the "hooks" that are internally
called
> when the C++ interface pragmas are used in a program:
>
>    --  This package corresponds to Ada.Tags but applied to tagged
types
>    --  which are 'imported' from C++ and correspond to exactly to a
C++
>    --  Class.  GNAT doesn't know about the structure od the C++
dispatch
>    --  table (Vtable) but always access it through the procedural
interface
>    --  defined below, thus the implementation of this package (the
body) can
>    --  be customized to another C++ compiler without any change in the
>    --  compiler code itself as long as this procedural interface is
>    --  respected. Note that Ada.Tags defines a very similar procedural
>    --  interface to the regular Ada Dispatch Table.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
>
> --
> 	Alain Le Guennec, not speaking for IRISA.

Many thanks, I studied those files but my problem is'nt still here.
The only think I want to do in a first step is to add C++ compilation
ability to Gnat under Windows.
I played a little with tools on mingw32 homepage but I always have
undefined references at linking time.
So, has someone succeeded in adding C++ tools and libraries to Gnat ?

Thank in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Ada 95 and C++(again)
@ 2000-09-26  0:00         ` Alain Le Guennec
From: Alain Le Guennec @ 2000-09-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christophe Gouiran <christophe@e-motive.com> writes:

> Many thanks, I studied those files but my problem is'nt still here.
> The only think I want to do in a first step is to add C++ compilation
> ability to Gnat under Windows.

Do you mean you want to have GNAT's gcc to compile also C++ files?
AFAIK, it is not advised to build cc1plus at the same time as gnat1.
However, you don't need to compile your Ada files and your C++ files
with a gnat1 and a cc1plus obtained from a single build of GCC.
You can probably find a functional gcc/cc1plus for mingwin32
in a GCC build with no Ada support, and compile your C++ files with it,
then link the object files with your Ada object files.
That should work just fine.

       [not found] <8qd6u5$rss$1@nnrp1.deja.com>
       [not found] ` <8qd8fp$trq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>
@ 2000-09-28  0:00 ` Christophe Gouiran
From: Christophe Gouiran @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you all for your answers.
I'll inform you about my experiences on this topic.