From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for book on Ada Standard Library
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 20:16:53 GMT
Date: 2000-09-09T20:16:53+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8pdlpj$1a6i@drn.newsguy.com>,
  peter@nospammail wrote:

> Sun has made a good job in documenting Java classes. See the
> 'Java class libraries' books by Cha,Lee. Each Java class is
> described, with code usage examples. Each method is describes,
> and some with examples there as well.

Probably the thing that helps most people is examples, since
a lot of people prefer to learn by example [personally I find
examples annoying, either they are redundant, in which case
what's the point? or they are essential, in which case you
end up trying to guess general rules by looking at specific
examples, but I quite understand that many people have an
easier time learning from examples than from complete
descriptions.]

So I would think that a systematic set of examples of the use
of the Annex A functionalities would be a useful project to
many people.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.