From: "Jeff Creem" <jcreem@atetola.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 tasking problems with Ada 83 code
Date: 2000/08/31
Date: 2000-08-31T10:52:45+00:00	[thread overview]

Is it possible that all of the tasks are the same priority and that your
main task
(the one doing the rendevous calls) is never giving back the processor so
that the
other tasks never get to run (on some compilers/environments the run time
would
round robin on a time slice basis between tasks of equal priority). You
can test this by adding delay after you return from calling the tasks entry.

If this is the case, the system is not really well put together. You can
probably
still run with 100 tasks but it will take a little tweaking.

The other option is to try switching task models from FSU threads to Linux
threads.

Finally, if you are not a supported customer of ACT perhaps you should
think about becomming one before you spend a lot of money re-architecting
code
for something that is some simple environment problem. (Note : I am not an
ACT
employee or consultant or anything..I just hate to see people go down a path
of trashing reused code and or compilers when there was some simple fix
available all along)

I can say that in general I have done things like what you are doing many
times
with no problems with GNAT on Linux.