From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: ADA client/server
Date: 2000/08/21
Date: 2000-08-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <399ec91e@usenet.per.paradox.net.au>,
  "jill" <jlgoh43@ > wrote:
> is it possible to build a client/server model in ADA?
> if so, how do i fork a new process (child)?

To get a new thread of control in Ada, you don't "fork" your current
thread (then jump through several more hoops). You use Ada's tasking
features. If you don't know about that, you *really* need to get and
study a good Ada reference text. This is pretty basic to the language.

I often wonder what kind of drugs the folks at AT&T were on when they
thought up "fork" and "exec" as good ways to do multi-tasking. Some of
the stuff in Unix is just brilliant, while some of it is worthy for
inclusion in INTERCAL.

(see http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?INTERCAL )

--
T.E.D.