From: n_brunot@my-deja.com
Subject: Re: Evaluating Ada compilers -- any experiences, tips?
Date: 2000/08/03
Date: 2000-08-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

We don't have experience in cross-platform compilers, but with same
target/host platform, we find very good to always have several
compilers checking every day (just run compilation after day work, and
check in the morning than it's ok), and only one for tests and release
versions.
This allows you to keep ADA code as independant as possible from the
compiler (in case that one day you have to change it for any reason),
and may be detect one day than one of your checking compiler is better
than your release compiler.
More than that, a bad compiler can be easier and faster to use for
writing code and syntax check, supposing of course than tests and
release versions are compiled with the good compiler, but may be not so
fast and easy to use.

see subject Windows NT ADA compilers comparison on this forum.