From: dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu (David Starner)
Subject: Re: Access to classwide type
Date: 2000/07/24
Date: 2000-07-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:08:09 GMT, reason67@my-deja.com wrote:
>How in the heck does it do that? Does Ada.Unchecked_Deallocation read
>the tag and do a `size on the data structure to determine the size of
>the memory in heap to release? I am suprised by this. It is more
>implicit than I am used to in Ada.

You're assuming that the 'size is the amount of memory allocated. From
what I've read, most memory allocaters round that up to the nearest
power of 2, and some add their own chunk of memory for tracking
purposes. I believe GNAT just implements it as a small wrapper around
C's free function.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu