From: Georg Maubach <mail2george@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject: Re: Installing AWS  GPL Edition
Date: 25 Nov 2010 21:22:09 GMT
Date: 2010-11-25T21:22:09+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi Thomas,

first I used "apt-get install gnat" and "apt-get install gnat-gps" and
had the described problems. Then I uninstalled everything and followed
your instructions downloading the software directly from
libre.adacore.com.

> If you don't have gprbuild, then grab GNAT GPL from libre.adacore.com
> and install it to its default location. Then add /usr/gnat/bin to your
> PATH.

Using the default values for the installation ./doinstall of GNAT GPS
finished without errors and without warning messages.

I added /usr/gnat/bin to my PATH variable and called

/usr/bin/make setup build install

from the source directory of AWS.

The setup routine came to an end but produced a hole bunch of warning
messages and an Exit message:

tools.gpr:34:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "makefile",
ignoring all its sources
include.gpr:33:09: warning: no compiler specified for language
"makefile", ignoring all its sources
scr.gpr:35:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "makefile",
ignoring all its sources
aws-attachments.adb:404:19: warning: redundant conversion, expression of
type "Element"
[1]+ Exit 2 /usr/bin/make setup build install 1

When running /usr/bin/make setup build install again the routine listed
the same warning messages but came to an end without "Exit" message.

What should I do about the warnings?

Regards

George