* Ada and DirectX
@ 2000-07-17  0:00 Stephane Perret
From: Stephane Perret @ 2000-07-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

1. Has someone tried to interface some basic functions
of DirectX with Ada (Gnat 3.12) ?

2. Is everything about translating headers file of DirectX ?

3. Have you some short demo programs which work with Gnat-Ada ?

TIA, Stephane.

* Re: Ada and DirectX
@ 2000-07-17  0:00 ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2000-07-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have not tried this myself but starting with Direct X 7.0 Microsoft
has included a COM component for most of Direct X..So, you could
probably use the Bindcom tool from www.adapower.com
to create some nice bindings pretty quickly.

So, go get the Direct X 7.0 SDK at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/gomscom.asp?TARGET=/downloads/release.asp?Re
leaseID=16927  (It is about 128 Megs)
or order the CDrom
https://merchantgateway.cobweb.com/omega/order_entry_2.asp?ProductID=1028625
&VendorID=17

and get the COM tools from http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/index.html

While I have not tried this I have played around a little with the bindcom
tool
and for the SDKs I've looked at it does a very nice job.

And let us know how it goes...