From: Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada, open source software and Linux
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:13:40 +0100
Date: 2005-03-07T19:13:40+01:00	[thread overview]

fmdf@tiscali.it a écrit :
> Here comes where I ask for some help from you all. I also want to write
> something much closer to the interests of the audience, that is Linux
> OS and Open Source Programming. Many of them are used to write mostly
> C/C++ open source programs (when not using some very high level
> language like Python and Perl) and I would like to make them understand
> that (1) Ada is not just another more or less useless programming
> language, (2) that it is worth investing some time to learn and use it
> and (3) that Ada can be a very powerful tool for open source
> programming especially where a lot of people is involved. I am
> particularly afraid of many C/C++ programmers won't bother even to hear
> about Ada or any other language.

You can get the slides of my presentation about Ada and free software at
http://www.ada-france.org/IMG/pdf/presentation-jpr-5.pdf

And while we are talking about good news...
Ada got papers in two french journals recently: "Login" (february and
march issues) and "Linux Magazine" (march issue).

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)