From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: number bases
Date: 1999/11/01
Date: 1999-11-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>If someone decides to represent all or the majority of integers in a
>program unit with base 2 or 16 - does this in any way optimise the code.
  This is not a decision normally made by the programmer, but rather
by the compiler.  For a binary machine a compiler will normally
use binary representations.  For a decimal machine (not many of
those around these days), it would probably use decimal.  The people
who write production compilers are extremely familiar with the
machine they are generating code for, and will use optimized
techniques - or nobody will buy their compiler.

>I don't have enough time to study Ada full time because I am too busy
  Spend three minutes concentrating on reading the beginning of an
intro to programming book, and you'll save hours of wondering, as well
as three minutes of newsgroup posting and reading time.