From: "Pascal Obry" <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: "Moving" objects of limited type
Date: 2000/06/04
Date: 2000-06-04T08:08:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Florian Weimer a �crit dans le message
<87wvk6xz5p.fsf@deneb.cygnus.argh.org>...
>Now my question: What's an appropriate name for such an operation?
>"Move", "Relocate", "Rename", "Teleport"?  Maybe this operation is
>quite common, and in this case I want to use the correct term.

I have never seen this operation but I would name it "Relocate".

I don't like "Move" as it has sometime been used for a copy, if
my memory is correct the Move operation in COBOL is a copy.
(ok, I've never been -and by far- a COBOL expert but sometimes
 you have something anchored in your memory...)

Pascal.

--|