From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Ada83 compiler for M68040
Date: 2000/05/30
Date: 2000-05-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <959694870.221011@edh3>,
  "Rolf Haviken" <roh@edh.erixon.se> wrote:
> Based on this we are interested in suggestions on a compiler
> which produce M68040-code from Ada83 source.

You do not need to look specifically for an Ada 83 compiler.
An Ada 95 compiler will be just as useful in practice. Sure
there are a few very minor incompatibilities, but in practice
the problems from this will be smaller than those which are
almost always caused by going from one compiler to another
in any case.

Furthermore, you probably do better to get a currently
supported Ada 95 compiler, than an obsolete Ada 83 compiler
for which support is non-existant or marginal.

That means quite a few compilers are available. Certainly
there is a version of GNAT that generates M68040 code, and
we certainly have several competitors in this arena. Contact
sales@gnat.com, and the corresponding sales departments of
the other Ada technology vendors.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies