* OpenGL
@ 2000-05-23  0:00 Anderson
From: Anderson @ 2000-05-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can not get the ada Opengl sample package at
http://www.niestu.com/languages/oglada/ to work in GNAT (win98).
For example when try to run the fog.adb ie retruns this message when
building
./glut.o: In function 'glut glutcreatewindow$2:
F:/open ada/test/f:/openad~1/test/glut.adb:29:undefined reference to
'glutCreatWindow'
./glut.o: In function 'glut glutinitdisplaystring$2:
f:/open ada/test/f:/openad~1/test/glut.adb:29: undefined reference to
'glutInitDisplayString'
... (and so on for every gl function/procedure it uses)

Now I do have the gl and glut files in the folder f:/open
ada/test/f:/openad~1/test/.

Also how do you use a makefile in GNAT?

* Re: OpenGL
@ 2000-05-24  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anderson a �crit dans le message <392b7034@news.wa.apana.org.au>...
>I can not get the ada Opengl sample package at
>http://www.niestu.com/languages/oglada/ to work in GNAT (win98).
>For example when try to run the fog.adb ie retruns this message when
>building

For OpenGL/GLUT under NT look at my homepage there is a binding
and some demos.

Direct access: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/conrib.html

Pascal.

--|

* Re: OpenGL
@ 2000-05-24  0:00   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Direct access: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/conrib.html

Oops, the correct URL is:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--|

* Re: OpenGL
@ 2000-05-29  0:00 ` Anderson
From: Anderson @ 2000-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found out that some enviromental varibles needed to be set first,

set ada_include_path=G:\adaold\bindings\glut-3.7
set ada_objects_path=G:\adaold\bindings\glut-3.7

which I put in a bat file before loading GNAT

Also I noted that the GLUT.DLL need to be changed to another which suppored
ADA.

Thanks eveybody.

@ 2000-05-29  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3931c9e5@news.wa.apana.org.au>,
  "Anderson" <anderson@wa.apana.org.au> wrote:
> I found out that some enviromental varibles needed to be set
first,

> set ada_include_path=G:\adaold\bindings\glut-3.7
> set ada_objects_path=G:\adaold\bindings\glut-3.7

That's obviously wrong in the general case. I would suggest
any further discussion of this be moved to chat@gnat.com since
it is very much GNAT specific.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: OpenGL
@ 2000-05-29  0:00     ` Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen
From: Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen @ 2000-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar wrote:
> That's obviously wrong in the general case. I would suggest
> any further discussion of this be moved to chat@gnat.com since
> it is very much GNAT specific.

That is a bad suggestion. In my experience deja.com keeps these messages
for a much longer time than your server seem to keep the chat messages.
This means that we have a decent chance to find an answer by searching
at deja.com long after your server have discarded the messages.

Greetings,

* Re: OpenGL
@ 2000-05-29  0:00       ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3932B7BC.10D0BEED@online.no>,
  "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <tarjei@online.no> wrote:

> That is a bad suggestion. In my experience deja.com keeps
these messages
> for a much longer time than your server seem to keep the chat
messages.
> This means that we have a decent chance to find an answer by
searching
> at deja.com long after your server have discarded the
messages.

The big advantage of chat@gnat.com is that there are MANY
participants who have given up a long time ago on CLA (in
my experience relatively few serious Ada programmers bother
to read CLA any more, they find the signal-to-noise ratio
too low), so you are far more likely to get useful answers
there, and to avoid incorrect answers.

From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3932B7BC.10D0BEED@online.no>,
  "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <tarjei@online.no> wrote:
> This means that we have a decent chance to find an answer by
> searching at deja.com long after your server have discarded
> the messages.

I think you will find it better in practice to have a smaller
database to search of accurate answers than years of CLA
when it comes to GNAT specific technical questions.
Most of the threads on CLA are pretty useless from the point
of view of providing accurate technical information.

We also make a point of correcting incorrect submissions
on chat@gnat.com, whereas incorrect answers have been known
to go by on CLA without correction!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* opengl
@ 2000-10-07  0:00 Etienne
From: Etienne @ 2000-10-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone is programing opengl in ada plesase contact me
    Thanks
Etienne