From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Simple Ada question
Date: 2000/05/21
Date: 2000-05-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3923B647.82A765D4@bton.ac.uk>,
  John English <je@bton.ac.uk> wrote:
> I've seen enough students fall over this one that I wonder if
> compiler warning should be issued if the loop index has the
same
> name as a variable in the enclosing scope...

In practice, GNAT will almost always give a warning in this
case. If the outer variable is not referenced at all, then
that will certainly generate a warning. If the outer variable
is referenced after the loop, then a warning will be generated
about reference to an uninitialized variable.

This will not catch 100% of cases, but it's very close

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.