* Checking validity of an e-mail
@ 2000-05-18  0:00 Christophe Gouiran
From: Christophe Gouiran @ 2000-05-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I want to create a procedure that checks the validity of an e-mail.
Not only to check the syntax validity but also to check if this mail is a
real mail (ie when you send an email to it someone receives your message)

So, someone knows how to, given an e-mail adress, check it.
At least, do you know how to go from the email adress to the mail-server ?
(after that a vrfy command sent to the server could help).

* Re: Checking validity of an e-mail
@ 2000-05-18  0:00 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2000-05-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christophe Gouiran wrote:

> Hi, I want to create a procedure that checks the validity of an e-mail.
> Not only to check the syntax validity but also to check if this mail is a
> real mail (ie when you send an email to it someone receives your message)

1. Check the domain. This is possible by an DNS Query.
2. Check whether the user exist. This should be impossible. There is no
way to look which users are known within a specific mail server. The
only thing you can do is to send a mail, and wait whether you get a
"unknown user" response.

> So, someone knows how to, given an e-mail adress, check it.
> At least, do you know how to go from the email adress to the mail-server ?

This is done by DNS query (query type "MX" = domains mail exchange) with
the domain name.

* Re: GtkAda and OS/2
@ 2000-05-18  0:00     ` David Starner
From: David Starner @ 2000-05-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 18 May 2000 20:59:57 +0200, Derek <maxy@casema.net> wrote:
>Hi all,
>   Are there any plans to port AtkAda and Glade to the OS/2 Warp environment
>?

You should be able to recompile them for OS/2 without much trouble, using
XFree86/OS2 (http://set.gmd.de/~veit/os2/xf86os2.html).
Project Everblue (http://www.netlabs.org/everblue) is a project to port
the Xlibs to OS/2, so you won't have to have XFree86/OS2.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
All emotions are worthless, except depression; anger is

* GtkAda and OS/2
@ 2000-05-18  0:00   ` Derek
From: Derek @ 2000-05-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
   Are there any plans to port AtkAda and Glade to the OS/2 Warp environment
?

   I will be very nice to have these two programs running on my machine :).

 Regards
   Darek

* Re: GtkAda and OS/2
@ 2000-05-21  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <39243e78$0$31427@reader4.casema.net>,
  "Derek" <maxy@casema.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Are there any plans to port AtkAda and Glade to the OS/2
Warp environment
> ?
>
>    I will be very nice to have these two programs running on
my machine :).

>  Regards
>    Darek

I am guessing you meant GtkAda above.

I know of no such plans currently. Why don't you do the
ports if you are interested, it should not be that difficult
if you know OS/2!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: GtkAda and Os/2
@ 2000-05-22  0:00 ` Darek Maksimiuk
From: Darek Maksimiuk @ 2000-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
  thanks for your  answers!!!

  In my post should be GtkAda instead of AtkAda  (see below).

 Regards
    Darek