From: sking9999@my-deja.com
Subject: Re: cgi in turbo pascal or freepascal in windows 95
Date: 2000/05/15
Date: 2000-05-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> I translated it into the following turbo pascal, freepascal and
console
> delphi pascal dialect 'Hello World!' cgi program :
>
> program cgi1;
> const nl = chr(13) + chr(10);
> begin
> write('Content-type: text/html',nl,nl);
> write('<html><body>');
> write('<p>Hello World!</p>');
> write('</body></html>');
> end.

I think you should use writeln instead of using constants
to specify end-of-line. Like so

program cgi1;
begin
writeln('Content-type: text/html');
writeln;
write('<html><body>');
write('<p>Hello World!</p>');
write('</body></html>');
end.

> With freepascal running on both Windows and Linux it is the way to go.

Have you considered using Irie Pascal?
Before I go any further I must admit that I am biased becuase I am
the author of Irie Pascal but I think it is worth considering.

The website is www.irietoools.com.

The current version of Irie Pascal has a problem with
Microsoft Personal Web Server and IIS. A fix for this problem
is ready but I want to test with Apache for Windows before
I release the fix.

If you are at all interested then you can contact me
through this forum or through the website and I will
provide you with more information and the fix when it
becomes available.

PS: Irie Pascal also runs on both Windows and Linux.

Stuart

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.