* Re: IDE for Linux
@ 2000-05-12  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

version_x <version_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:958146898.821184@srv1.space.net.au...
> Is anyone aware of a nice IDE for ADA, (like gIDE for win98) that runs on
> linux, or any *nix variant?

Well.... some may quibble about calling emacs with ada-mode
an IDE, but I find it very productive.  In fact, when writing software
on Windows platforms, I still use emacs, because my brain doesn't
need to "shift gears" when moving to another platform.

Of course, beside ada-mode, I have some other favorite productivity
aids I use with emacs -- e.g., cua-mode and the emacs desktop, etc.

Emacs with ada-mode allows one to navigate sources in multiple
directories -- going to the place where an item is declared, or
getting a list of all references to an item, and getting the opportunity to
click on a reference and go there, etc., etc.

I use the same basic setup on DOS, Win32, Linux, Sun, SCO, and
IRIX.

* IDE for Linux
@ 2000-05-13  0:00 version_x
From: version_x @ 2000-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone aware of a nice IDE for ADA, (like gIDE for win98) that runs on
linux, or any *nix variant?

rees

* Re: IDE for Linux
@ 2000-05-13  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <958146898.821184@srv1.space.net.au>,
  "version_x" <version_x@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a nice IDE for ADA, (like gIDE for win98)
> that runs on linux, or any *nix variant?

I believe GRASP runs on at least some *nux variants.

In addition the initial release of the new IDE from Ada Core
Technologies (called GLIDE) is available with several ports
of GNAT Professional version 3.13. This technology will be
made available in public versions at some appropriate point
in the future.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: IDE for Linux
@ 2000-05-13  0:00   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2000-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> writes:

> > Is anyone aware of a nice IDE for ADA, (like gIDE for win98)
> > that runs on linux, or any *nix variant?
>
> I believe GRASP runs on at least some *nux variants.

Yes, I can confirm this.  But I still prefer Emacs. ;)