From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: IDE for Linux
Date: 2000/05/12
Date: 2000-05-12T17:01:46+00:00	[thread overview]

version_x <version_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:958146898.821184@srv1.space.net.au...
> Is anyone aware of a nice IDE for ADA, (like gIDE for win98) that runs on
> linux, or any *nix variant?

Well.... some may quibble about calling emacs with ada-mode
an IDE, but I find it very productive.  In fact, when writing software
on Windows platforms, I still use emacs, because my brain doesn't
need to "shift gears" when moving to another platform.

Of course, beside ada-mode, I have some other favorite productivity
aids I use with emacs -- e.g., cua-mode and the emacs desktop, etc.

Emacs with ada-mode allows one to navigate sources in multiple
directories -- going to the place where an item is declared, or
getting a list of all references to an item, and getting the opportunity to
click on a reference and go there, etc., etc.

I use the same basic setup on DOS, Win32, Linux, Sun, SCO, and
IRIX.