From: George J <ivanov_george@list.ru>
Subject: Re: GPS Debugger exit when "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line" reached.
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 05:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-04-01T05:44:33-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:43:17 UTC+3, George J  wrote:
> On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:18:19 UTC+3, Simon Wright  wrote:
> > George J <ivanov_george@list.ru> writes:
> >
> > > Hi all!I'm using GNAT GPS in my project. I have a problem with
> > > debugging. When debugger reaches line
> > > "Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line("Something");" it exit with "[Inferior 1
> > > (process X) exited with code 1]". So I can't understand, how I can
> > > solve this problem. And BTW I have a question, is there any feature to
> > > display only "Debug Messages" in console or not?
> >
> > George, why do you post messages three times?
> >
> > Please say what you mean by "when debugger reaches line". Did you put a
> > breakpoint on it? If so, what did you do next? I most often use gdb from
> > the command line rather than via GPS; there are four possibilities, (1)
> > next => run until the next line in the current subprogram is reached,
> > (2) step => if at a subprogram call, run until the first line of the
> > subprogram, otherwise as next I think, (3) finish => run until the
> > current subprogram returns, (4) continue => run until another
> > breakpoint/exception/end of program (your program ran to end of
> > program).
> >
> > In GPS, the buttons that control this are displayed (only while
> > debugging) at the right-hand end of the row of buttons under the menu
> > bar.
> >
> > You do have to have compiled your code for debug (for example, you can't
> > step into a subprogram that wasn't compiled for debug).
>
> Simon hello!Glad to see you again!I'm second day in this group and my
previus post was not correct. And I see, if I delete it here, it's
displaying somewhere else.
> Under "when debugger reaches line" I mean that debugger do not reach the
code after "Put_Line" with any conditions(with BP before,on or after
"Put_Line" command). That's my problem. When I run program, all ok. But if
debug-exit with "[Inferior 1 (process X) exited with code 1]" on "Put_Line"
with or without breakpoint.