From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: storage size pragmas
Date: 2000/05/09
Date: 2000-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <wcc66sn22rp.fsf@world.std.com>,
  Robert A Duff <bobduff@world.std.com> wrote:
> anthonygair@aol.comremoveme (ANTHONY GAIR) writes:
>
> You didn't quote any context, so probably nobody has the
> slightest idea what you're talking about.  Explain *what*?!

Actually it's not quite that simple, and in fact I find this
is a cause of lots of confusion. There are two kinds of ways
of reading news.

If you follow threads, with an appropriate reader, you know
EXACTLY which message is replying to which (you get a full
tree structure).

But lots of people read news in a strictly sequential manner,
and if you don't give enough context in messages, then they
get completely lost.

Please note that giving enough context in messages means what
it says, one of the MOST annoying behaviors on usenet is to
quote giant articles in their entirety, and then at the end
add some meaningless statement like "me too", or "right on!"

Quote just enough context to remind people what you are talking
about. I also noticed the lack of context in this message, but
was using a thread following news reader (deja classic with
=dnc set) so I could tell the question was about using
allocators with large arrays.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.