From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: digital search trees
Date: 2000/05/09
Date: 2000-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3917EE5D.BCCA7D8A@student.ecu.edu.au>,
  tmang@student.ecu.edu.au wrote:
> yes I am what about you? Are you doinf the same unit and in
the same uni?

It seems clear that this is going a bit beyond what is
appropriate for requests for help. I notified the appropriate
department so that they can explain what is and what is not
appropriate.

As I said in my previous message to this same poster, it is
fine to ask very specific questions on specific Ada problems,
but what we have here looks far too close to asking for someone
to do their work for them.

As I have noted many times before, with my hat on as a
university professor, you do students a huge disservice
by doing the work for them, because assignments are NOT
about turning in working code, they are about learning HOW
to figure out the problems for yourself.

Now in the process of figuring out problems for yourself, you
may hit a wall on a specific problem. Usually I would expect
your professor or instructor to be the one to help out (that's
certainly how I work when I am teaching, which is why you don't
see my students asking for help on CLA -- instead they send ME
the email, and I answer super high priority -- it's part of
the job of teaching in my view).

But if for some reason, your instructor is not available to
help, then it is just fine to ask *specific* questions here.
You have to be careful with the answers sometimes, because
all kinds of people post on CLA, and wrong answers are not
unknown :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.