From: "patrick.gunia@googlemail.com" <patrick.gunia@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Analyzing Memory Consumption of Ada-Programs
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-05-06T09:12:18-07:00	[thread overview]

On 6 Mai, 15:45, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 1:14 pm, "patrick.gu...@googlemail.com"
>

> <patrick.gu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I´m looking for a tool which is able to tell me about the average
> > memory consumption of my program. I use GNAT on Windows with gprof for
> > computation time analysis, but I wasn´t able to find a tool for memory
> > analysis. If such a tool could tell me how much memory is consumed by
> > different parts of my program, this would be fine, but I would be
> > satisfied if it just gave me a simple value which describes the
> > consumption. The reason is that I´d like to compare a refractured
> > version of a piece of software with the original version, so I can
> > tell how the memory consumption behaviour was influenced by the
> > refracturing.
>
> > Thanks a lot for your help!
> > Patrick
>
> For GNAT / Windows, would the Task Manager's "Mem Usage", "Peak Memory
> Usage" and "VM Usage" be good enough?
>
> Cheers
> -- Martin

I´ve already tried the task-manager information, which wasn´t enough
for my needs. But I found Microsofts Process Explorer which is able to
show much more information on memory and cpu-usage. I guess that this
should work. Though I´m still interested in more sophisticated tools
like some kind of memory-gprof for windows...I found that valgrind
might be the right tool for this, but it can´t be used in windows.
Rational Purify is another, but as I´m still studying I can´t afford a
legal license. What kind of tools do you use for this purpose?