From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: sorting using dynamic tasks
Date: 2000/05/03
Date: 2000-05-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Yf9P4.572$Q_.832841@news.pacbell.net>,
  tmoran@bix.com wrote:
> I sent the code for "Batcher's parallel sort" via e-mail.
> Pardon the coding style - that's how I wrote Ada in 1988.  My
only
> change was modular types instead of a library "and" routine.

Hmmm! this is of course a very typical assignment. Perhaps
you should put this code up on the web.

It is amazing how often students think they can submit
stuff they find on the web as their own work :-) (*)

For example, submit it to adapower as an example.

(*) What is even more surprising is thinking they can get away
with it.

I am not saying this is true of the current case, though it
might well be. Just that if you send code to people who *might*
be asking for an assignment solution, then posting it somewhere
on the web is a useful procedure. If they are not asking for
help on an assignment, then they will welcome such posting.
If they ARE asking for such help, then posting on the web
will keep things honest :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.