From: tonyg <tonythegair@gmail.com>
Subject: adasockets on raspbian (armhf) and debian (intel32)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:07:01 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-01-13T07:07:01-08:00	[thread overview]

I am using some identical ada/ adasocket code on the raspberry pi and intel. I compile for each on that architecture.

Btw I have checked with NMAP to make sure ports are free and working.

A socket successfully binds / listens and connects on intel but when I tried this on the latest version of raspbian it gives this error through strace
Sockets_Setup_Task: Listening for test harness on port  18010
) = -1 ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)
gettimeofday({1389622632, 627619}, NULL) = 0
futex(0x63f318, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1)  = 0
exit_group(0)

It should also raise an exception rather than bombing out to the command line.

I did encounter a slightly similar problem when sending information when it bombed out, in that case though I changed a value in the c_send of adasockets to include a value MSG_NOSIGNL and then it let the exceptions handle things....

Has anyone any ideas on this?