* More on Ada and numerics
@ 2000-04-25  0:00 Reinert Korsnes
From: Reinert Korsnes @ 2000-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the answers on this group with respect to Ada and Linear Algebra.

I am so used to the math intrinsic functions in Fortran.
Is there an Ada package imitating those Fortran intrinsics ?

For example, do I have to make my own Ada version of max(X,Y) ?
Or is it something I have been missing and this is included
in the standard core of Ada ?

(Yes, I am a new practioner of Ada - due to GNAT).

reinert

--
Norwegian Polar Institute
Polar Environment Center

http://geophys.npolar.no/~reinert/personal.html

* Re: More on Ada and numerics
@ 2000-04-25  0:00 ` Reinert Korsnes
From: Reinert Korsnes @ 2000-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8e3hgq$nme$1@news.uit.no>,
 reinert@ola.npolar.no (Reinert Korsnes) writes:
|> Thanks for the answers on this group with respect to Ada and Linear Algebra.
|>
|> I am so used to the math intrinsic functions in Fortran.
|> Is there an Ada package imitating those Fortran intrinsics ?
|>
|> For example, do I have to make my own Ada version of max(X,Y) ?
|> Or is it something I have been missing and this is included
|> in the standard core of Ada ?

OObs, sorry my ignorance,
found "functional attributes", max becomes:

 Float'(X,Y);

I must read my book more carefully :-)

reinert

From: Reinert Korsnes @ 2000-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8e3l4k$oid$1@news.uit.no>,
 reinert@ola.npolar.no (Reinert Korsnes) writes:

|> OObs, sorry my ignorance,
|> found "functional attributes", max becomes:
|>
|>  Float'(X,Y);

Hmm, Float'Max(X,Y);

Yes, nice to discuss  :-)

reinert

@ 2000-04-25  0:00 ` Marin D. Condic
From: Marin D. Condic @ 2000-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reinert Korsnes wrote:

> Thanks for the answers on this group with respect to Ada and Linear Algebra.
>
> I am so used to the math intrinsic functions in Fortran.
> Is there an Ada package imitating those Fortran intrinsics ?
>
> For example, do I have to make my own Ada version of max(X,Y) ?
> Or is it something I have been missing and this is included
> in the standard core of Ada ?

Check the following in the Ada Reference Manual (ARM - available
on-line):

A.5 The Numerics Packages
Annex K (informative): Language-Defined Attributes

I think you'll find lots of support there for math. You might want to
look at my website and/or head directly to http://www.adapower.com/ to
find links to Ada resources and various examples of Ada programming that
you may be able to adapt.

MDC
Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"I'd trade it all for just a little more"
    --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]