From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Exiting from a function or procedure
Date: 2000/04/23
Date: 2000-04-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <39024681.D36A4477@usc.edu>,
  Pablo Moisset <pmoisset@usc.edu> wrote:

> It was easy for me to interpret Izq and Der. They mean
> 'izquierdo' and 'derecho' (left and right in spanish). :)
> Nevertheless I think the rules you stated are right.

OK, well probably they should be spelled out, unless these
abbreviations are *so* universally understood that they
cause no problems. For instance I do not mind Lo and Hi
as abbreviations for Low and High, since they are not
going to cause any confusion.

Note that even in the RM, some abbreviations are considered
acceptable, e.g. IO for Input_Output, since it would really
be a bit of a nuisance to have to write:

with Text_Input_Output; use Text_Input_Output;

all the time, and if anything IO is *more* familiar than the
full phrase.

So the rule against language abbreviations is not absolute, and
if I had been more fluent in Spanish (I recognize the full
words, but did not click to the abbreviations :-), it might well
be that these are in the Lo,Hi category.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.