From: "Kevin Rigotti" <rigotti@atc.dera.gov.uk>
Subject: End of File for streams
Date: 2000/04/17
Date: 2000-04-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Given an input file accessed via T'Read() on the associated
stream access value, is there a clean way to determine end of file?

All I have at the point of need is the stream access value
not the File_Type object that it was obtained from so I can't
just use Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.End_of_File or compare Index()
with Size().

The file has more than one data type in it, read in different
parts of the source code, so keeping track of how much I've read
is not trivial.

I have philosophical and aesthetic objections to trapping the
End_Error exception as a means of determining end of file, but
is this the only way to do it?

Kevin